Please contact us if you experience any technical problems with the form
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE COMPLETING THE FORM:
- Please set aside around 45 minutes to complete the application form fully. Although the system does not allow for the saving of unfinished forms, it will not time out if you need longer than 45 minutes.
- Applicants must be at least 18 at the start of the course.
- All sections must be completed.
- Please pay careful attention to the accuracy and appropriacy of your written English as this is assessed in the first stage of the selection process.
- Once you have submitted the form you won’t be able to make any changes.
- Print out a summary of your application form for your records. (How to print: Before you submit the form, check that all your details are correct in the Summary and use your browser print function to print the page).
- Have the following details ready to input:
- Details about your education, training, career, reasons why you want to do the course as well as a personal referee, all relevant to your application.
CELTA (CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING TO ADULTS)
The CELTA and CELTA online course consist of:
- Teaching Practice and Feedback
- Online Reflective Journal
- Teaching Practice Set-Up
- Observation of Experienced Teachers
Teaching Practice and Feedback - CELTA
Observation of Experienced Teachers
You will need to observe experienced teachers giving lessons and reflect on what you have seen. The requirements are:
- 6 hours of observations.
- At times outside your regular course times
- The first observation will be scheduled early in the course
You are required to complete, and pass written assignments:
- 4 Assignments
- Wordage: 750 – 1000 words for each assignment
So, you can realistically expect to spend
- A minimum of 120 additional learning hours for lesson planning and self study during the CELTA course
Attendance and commitment
- The attendance requirement is 100%.
Because of the amount of time you need to dedicate to the course, it’s very important that:
- you don’t have any major commitments, projects, or health issues during the course
- you have supportive partners, family, employers etc